Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tailgating Tuesday: Italian Corn Salsa

I am always on the lookout for exciting new recipes for tailgating, parties, etc. If the word easy comes up, that is icing on the cake. I found the following recipe at plainchicken.com, but I changed it up just a bit. I made it for my Halloween party, and everyone liked it!

Italian Corn Salsa

11 oz can corn, drained
1 can Ro-tel tomatoes, drained
2 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 to 1 c. Italian dressing

Dump the corn and tomatoes into a strainer to drain. Transfer to a bowl and mix the veggies together. Add the 2 cups of cheese and mix. Pour a 1/2 cup of dressing over the mixture and see if consistency is too thick. If so, add another 1/4 cup of dressing and check consistency again. Chill for 2 hours up to overnight and serve with tortilla chips or corn chips.

*I used the whole cup of Italian dressing when I made it the first time and found it to be a little "soupy."

Enjoy!! Eat well!

No comments:

Post a Comment