Monday, August 22, 2011

Bubble Up Enchiladas

So, I don't cook meals a lot at home. It's just me, and I don't usually feel like being in the kitchen when I get home from work. Frozen pizzas, frozen meals, and fast food do get old after a while though. So when I saw this quick and easy recipe, I thought why not! I got the recipe from Plain Chicken, which is an awesome blog with many quick and easy recipes. I just changed one thing, cause... I like the cheese, people!!

The Stuff:
1 lb lean ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning
8 oz can tomato sauce
10 oz can enchilada sauce
1 can refrigerated biscuits (10 small biscuits can)
*And here's where I changed things up

1 c. shredded Velveeta
1 c. Mexican cheese blend

How to:
Preheat oven to 350 and spray casserole dish with cooking spray.
Brown meat and drain excess oil. Add taco seasoning, tomato sauce, enchilada sauce, and Velveeta cheese. Stir until well combined.
Cut biscuits into fourths and stir into meat mixture. Pour into casserole dish and bake for 25 minutes. Remove and add the other cup of cheese, plus a little extra... if you like the cheese :).
Then pop it back in the oven for another 10 minutes, or until cheese melts. Let stand about 5 minutes before scoopage ensues.

*The original recipe uses 2 cups of Mexican cheese blend, but I just knew that wasn't going to be cheesy enough.

Hope y'all enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment